IIT-I & IIM-I To Offer A Joint Two Years Course For Students


 For the first time ever, IIT Indore and IIM Indore, are going to offer a 2 year programme on Master of Science in Data Science and Management jointly to deserving students. Prof Neelesh Kumar Jain, the director of Indian Institute Of Technology Indore and Prof Himanshu Rai, the director of Indian Institute Of Management Indore, both signed the MoU last September for the purpose of jointly offering the online programme. 

Master's in Data Science and Management is such a unique degree which covers data, people, technology as well as enterprise strategy. The course has been specifically designed to meet the requirement for the executives working in Data Science & Management.

Prof Jain said in his statement that Indore is the only place in India housing both an IIT and an IIM. They have contemplated the thought of utilizing this opportunity for a long time and finally inked an MoU last year in September to share each other's resources and work towards a joint research programme. He feels happy now that the thought process has been executed with the introduction of the joint Master's programme in Data Science and Management. 

According to IIM Indore director Dr Himanshu Rai, Master’s Programme in Data Science and Management will be offered in synchronous mode. The programme will have a batch size of 200 participants. It aims to provide them with an opportunity to choose their own elective subjects from both IIT Indore and IIM Indore as well as to interact with the faculty members from both the institutions, in order to enhance their skills and knowledge.

The two Institute hope that although they are starting the programme in online mode, in future it will be converted to offline mode. 

IIT-I & IIM-I To Offer A Joint Two Years Course For Students IIT-I & IIM-I To Offer A Joint Two Years Course For Students Reviewed by Tech Mine on November 11, 2021 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.